Sunday 27 June 2010

Jewellery Making: How it all began

Ever since i was a child i can remember thinking up design ideas or drawing them; sometimes i would be so determined to bring my ideas to life i would sit in a room for hours and hours trying to figure out how i could actually make what i was dreaming up. As i got older i was able to develop my skills properly and i chose to take textiles as a GCSE as well as A level. My teacher always described me as a perfectionist which is something i have to agree with, in the sense that i am so passionate about my designs that if they are not perfect they will not do. After years of creating clothing for my coursework i went on to study law at university; which is so far away from my creative side. With all the reading and essay writing required i began to really miss having something practical to do, something i could vision, create and develop. This is how i began to teach myself jewellery making so that i could enjoy my passion again while i got on with my degree. I read about and taught myself various skills which has resulted in my vast collection of necklaces, earrings and bracelets. My style is bright and bold, i love my pieces to stand out from the crowd and get the wearer noticed. Each item is an individually designed and handmade one off piece of statement jewellery. If you would like to take a look at my work then pieces are for sale at http://www.folksy.com/shops/SemiPrecious15.

No comments:

Post a Comment